Land-Based Service Engineer – Technical Level 3 Apprenticeship
When you join our Apprenticeship programme you join a business that genuinely has your back and works with you to achieve your career aspirations beyond the Apprenticeship. We give you #Skillsforlife in a working environment that is positive, nurturing and encouraging. We want you to succeed!
What actually is a Land-Based Service Engineer? This is an Engineer who carries out a diverse range of tasks on machinery, plant and equipment. Land-Based means it isn’t working on shipping or aircraft equipment.
You’ll eventually operate in the field attending client sites & locations, so a full driving licence will be essential by the time you reach your 3rd year of the apprenticeship.
Your Apprenticeship programme will last 3 years and will look like this
- In Year 1 you will undertake basic tasks such as inspecting plant machinery, with your line manager guiding you through this. You will attend Reaseheath College in the north-west of England on block release for a total of 9 weeks staying away from home. Don’t worry about the costs of your travel and accommodation as this will be taken care of for you.
- In Year 2 you will build upon what you have learnt so far. You will diagnose faults and repair and service plant machinery. You will attend college for 9 weeks, requiring you to stay away from home.
- Year 3 will see you having more responsibility where you will advise on repairs to plant machinery returned by customers. You will be able to diagnose complex faults with plant machinery. Again you will attend college for 9 weeks, requiring you to stay away from home. You will also progress to working with our field service engineers, as this apprenticeship concludes with you becoming a field service engineer.
Achieve your career goals on our Apprenticeship programme
We offer a competitive annual salary of £14,500 in your first year, which will rise to upwards of £22,000 when you are qualified. Along with on-the-job training and development at college leading to a nationally recognised qualification. On successful completion and qualification a permanent position is guaranteed.
Do you have what it takes?
- Qualifications Required – A minimum of Grade 4 in both GCSE Maths and English Language or Scottish Highers in Grade 5 or above in Maths and English Language is essential
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well within a team
- Any relevant work experience
- A genuine interest in equipment maintenance
- Well thought through completion of the application form describing yourself and telling us why you are interested in our Apprenticeship programme
- Full driving licence will be required from year 3
A little bit about us
Whilst our history, machines and service are best in class, we know that we would not be the success story that we are today without the amazing people that are the heart of UK Forks. From our field service engineers to our sales team, from our depot apprentices to our customer service colleagues, we get the job done by doing the right thing.
What’s our secret? There isn’t one. We’re passionate, enjoy working together and love what we do: It’s that simple!
So what we’re looking for is more of the same. If you’re enthusiastic, confident in your abilities and would love to work with a team at the top of their game then you’re in the right place. We also pride ourselves on our supportive culture and, as part of Vp plc, there is always potential for individual growth, not only within UK Forks, but across the group.
So, if we sound like the kind of company you would like to be an important part of, then please get in touch.