The Hollies Farm Shops began life in 1959 as a vegetable stand on the side of the road with an honesty box. Nearly 60 years later, The Hollies Farm Shop has grown to become one of the best Farm Shops in the North West. 4 generations in the making the family’s passion lies in sourcing great food and providing the best customer service through every part of the business. A Cheshire Farm Shop brimming with produce from over 70 local suppliers combined with the finest goods from the local region, the UK and the world. Two farm shops, Butcheries, a Delicatessen, Gift departments, self-catering Forest Lodges and Luxury Log Cabins with private hot tubs, and our new Hollies Takeaway service.
The Hollies Farm shop is recruiting an Apprentice Butcher to join their Hollies Training Academy scheme starting in September 2023. The successful applicant will work with an experienced butchery team who provide butchery production to a very high standard for our customers.
- Whole carcass butchery of beef, pork and venison as well as sausages, burgers and some poultry.
- Working flexibly with the main kitchen and supporting their customer service at the meat and fish counter.
- Working in a clean and tidy manner whilst adhering to the companies HACCP policies, food safety hygiene, and safety procedures
- Assisting in strict stock control rotation
- The principles of waste minimisation, saleable yield and predictive costing methods
- Methods for weighing products, controlling temperature, wrapping, sealing, packing, labelling and stock control of meat and poultry products for wholesale or retail sale
- Accepting deliveries of large carcass which will involve heavy lifting
- Undertaking development programs during the working week provided by Reaseheath College gaining a Level 2 Butchery Apprenticeship