Fordhall Organic Farm, in Market Drayton, north Shropshire, is England’s first community-owned farm following a high profile campaign in 2006. The successful applicant will work with an experienced butchery team who provide butchery production to a very high standard for our customers.
- Whole carcass butchery of beef, pork and venison as well as sausages, burgers and some poultry.
- Working flexibly with the main kitchen and supporting their customer service at the meat and fish counter.
- Working in a clean and tidy manner whilst adhering to the companies HACCP policies, food safety hygiene, and safety procedures.
- Assisting in strict stock control rotation.
- The principles of waste minimisation, saleable yield and predictive costing methods.
- Methods for weighing products, controlling temperature, wrapping, sealing, packing, labelling and stock control of meat and poultry products for wholesale or retail sale.
- Accepting deliveries of large carcass which will involve heavy lifting.
- Undertaking development programs during the working week provided by Reaseheath College gaining a Level 2 Butchery Apprenticeship.