Müller Yogurt & Desserts which is the UK’s leading yogurt manufacturer which aims to create millions more Müller moments for its consumers. It is responsible for major brands like Müller Corner, Müllerlight, Müller Bliss, Müller Rice, FRijj and Müller Kefir Smoothie and produces chilled desserts under licence from Mondelez International. It also supplies the UK private label yogurt market from a dedicated, state of the art yogurt facility.
This Dairy Technologist Apprenticeship program is designed to deliver top class future Müller professionals for our Process, Continuous Improvement, Production, Quality and Automation functions.
You will be working at one of our 4 dairy locations based on your geographic location. Your development journey will be strategically guided by Muller’s Central Technical team to give you a thorough learning of all aspects of the business operation. You will be given responsibilities through involvement in various activities, such as audits, product testing, operating production lines and the chance to execute projects in line technical, manufacturing, sustainability driving exceptional quality, reduced waste and improved efficiency, across multiple site locations.
The training will commence September 2024 and will be delivered via a blended approach of distance learning, and two 2 week periods of release for hands on practical training in a purpose built state of the art training facility at Reaseheath College, Cheshire. The remaining time will be spent putting the know-how to practice and good use in the business – all supported and nurtured by workplace mentors and academic coaches.
Investing in our Dairy Technologist Apprentices is crucial to the future success of Müller. At Müller you receive the highest standard of training supported by our champions in the field.
You will benefit from 1:1 periodic career guidance that truly embraces your talent to enjoy a purpose driven career and academic coaches to support your learning journey.
You will be trained to become competent in a functional role by the end of the programme. The roles offered will be within the production, operations, technical and quality departments.
You will receive :
- Level 5 Apprenticeship AND a Foundation Degree in Dairy Technology from the University of Chester
- Level 3 Food Safety
- Level 3 HACCP
- Level 3 Health and Safety
- A minimum of 3 GCSEs in Maths, English and a Science plus 1 A level or equivalent, preferably in a science field.
- Flexibility to stay and travel to accommodation for the purpose of project work, site support and college block release (expenses will be covered)
- Full UK Driving Licence is preferred
- 17 years of age and over
- Must not be engaged in other full time education
- Must be living in the UK
What to Expect?
- Hours: A full time role of 40 hours / week
- Pay: competitive salary. Internal Müller applicants will remain on their current salary terms.
- Make some friends for life – true professionals