As our apprentice you will be based in our workshop working alongside our expert engineers learning mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and diagnostic skills required to complete the tasks at hand. Learning the correct maintenance and service skills to keep a fleet of machines working and safe.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learning and completing Service of Construction Equipment
- Learning and using state of the art Diagnostic and Fault-finding equipment
- Learning and carrying out Maintenance of Construction Equipment
- Learning and completing preventative maintenance
- Ensuring Health and Safety policies and procedures and followed
- Completing Pre-Delivery Inspections of New and Used machines
- Maintain fleet of hire vehicles
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The qualification the apprentice will achieve at the end is an advanced level 3 apprenticeship. Within this apprenticeship you will be given the opportunity to build a solid foundation of technical knowledge and gain real life experience. You’ll combine on-the-job training with practical lessons at college, where our specialist staff will teach you in our fully equipped workshops.
The apprenticeship will be at Reaseheath College and will last 3 years. This will be 9 weeks in college per year, delivered in 3 x 3 week block release courses, at Reaseheath College, Nantwich.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once the apprenticeship is successfully completed apprentices will have the opportunity to become Field Service Engineers at Filtermech. There is a diverse range of roles within the organisation for future progression such as Senior Field Service Engineer, Service control and supervisory opportunities. The skills and knowledge learnt during our program will give the apprentice a fantastic start within engineering industry.