This qualification is intended for those carrying out aerial tree work and is a prerequisite of the Level 3 Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free-fall Techniques (CS39).
The qualification is made up of two compulsory units:
- Climb a tree
- Conduct aerial rescue
4 days (does not involve the use of a chainsaw), followed by assessment at a later date.
You must be aged 16 years or over and be physically fit and able to complete the tasks involved.
Skills and Knowledge Assessed
- Demonstrate knowledge of risk assessment
- Select and wear PPE equipment
- Carry out pre-climb inspection of tree
- Prepare a plan of action
- Select and inspect climbing equipment
- Knowledge of Loler legislation
- Climb the tree
- Branch walk
- Descend from tree
- Rescue casualty