Fixed term for 4 years
Apprenticeship rate salary: £21,880.55 per annum
The Grounds Apprentice post offers an exciting opportunity to be part of a team of ground staff providing a high quality and cost-effective maintenance and planned improvement service. The post holder will carry out a full range of grounds maintenance and planned improvement duties with the emphasis on multi skilled works across the University’s estate.
You will also have the opportunity to undertake vocational, job-based study, as part of the apprenticeship scheme.
You should have a good standard of secondary education including Maths and English. Experience of working as part of team and communicating with a variety of people is essential. Previous grounds-based work experience is desirable.
You will be guided and supported to achieve an apprenticeship at level 2 / 3 during your employment.
The University recognises that its success depends upon the contribution and dedication of its talented staff. In return, we have a competitive benefits package available, including:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Generous annual leave entitlement with opportunities to purchase additional leave
- Excellent staff pension scheme
- Access to continued personal, professional and career development
- On site ‘outstanding’ nursery
- Discounted health & fitness facilities on site
- Cycle to work scheme (subject to eligibility
The University is committed to operating flexible working practices wherever possible.