The Hollies Farm shop is recruiting an Apprentice Butcher to join their Hollies Training Academy scheme starting in September 2023. The apprentice will assist the Butchers in the running of the Butchery Section in our farm shop.
The successful applicant will work with an experienced butchery team who provide butchery production to a very high standard for our customers. The post holder will work flexibly and efficiently to maintain the highest professional standards and to promote the policies of the
- Whole carcass butchery of beef, pork and venison as well as sausages, burgers and some poultry.
- Working flexibly with the main kitchen and supporting their customer service at the meat and fish counter.
- Working in a clean and tidy manner whilst adhering to the companies HACCP policies, food safety hygiene, and safety procedures
- Assisting in strict stock control rotation
- The principles of waste minimisation, saleable yield and predictive costing methods
- Methods for weighing products, controlling temperature, wrapping, sealing, packing, labelling and stock control of meat and poultry products for wholesale or retail sale
- Accepting deliveries of large carcass which will involve heavy lifting
Undertaking development programs during the working week provided by Reaseheath College gaining a Level 2 Butchery Apprenticeship