Grants Butchers has been trading for over 30 years and has established a reputation for quality produce at affordable prices. Situated within Minshulls garden centre produce shop, we sell a wide range of fresh meat and poultry prepared daily by our accomplished butchers. Our team have over 150 years of experience between them and are available to advise on our products and customer requests. We have a great selection of homemade sausages including traditional pork, cumberland and tomato to chorizo, ginger & plum and dragon fire! We also sell a gluten free sausage. Grants also have a excellent range of kitchen ready and oven ready meals which are all prepared fresh on site. We also supply wholesale customers and currently provide to a host of pubs, restaurants and sandwich shops including Minshulls own restaurant. We have a competitive price list and all new enquiries are welcome! Grants also provide a hog roast, carvery and BBQ service for all your domestic and commercial parties and events.
What the apprentice will be doing;
- Whole carcass butchery of beef, pork and venison as well as sausages, burgers and some poultry.
- Working flexibly with the main kitchen and supporting their customer service at the meat and fish counter.
- Working in a clean and tidy manner whilst adhering to the companies HACCP policies, food safety hygiene, and safety procedures
- Assisting in strict stock control rotation
- The principles of waste minimisation, saleable yield and predictive costing methods
- Methods for weighing products, controlling temperature, wrapping, sealing, packing, labelling and stock control of meat and poultry products for wholesale or retail sale
- Accepting deliveries of large carcass which will involve heavy lifting
- Undertaking development programs during the working week provided by Reaseheath College gaining a Level 2 Butchery Apprenticeship