Trade Suppliers play a vital role in ensuring an efficient flow of goods and services between manufacturers and their skilled trade customer base. They operate in a variety of sectors including electrical, plumbing, joinery and general building supplies. Typically, a Trade Supplier will operate a small warehouse and trade counter, which is visited regularly by professional trade customers who have technical knowledge about what they are buying. Trade Suppliers can specialise in roles in a trade business environment, which may include sales, purchasing, account management, logistics and administration.
Duration of the course
What qualifications will the apprentice gain?
- Level 2 apprenticeship in Trade Supplier
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
- Assisting customers in exploring product ranges and alternative and complementary products and services, based on the fundamental underpinning product knowledge
- Identifying the customers’ requirements, matching them to the trade supplier’s products and services
- Delivering accurate product information, to enable the customer to make a decision on products and services and know how to access the detailed technical specification of a product when required.
- Securing a trade sale using appropriate selling techniques, both face to face and on the telephone, and methods to complete the transaction.
- Applying basic merchandising techniques used within the business.
- Applying the key principles of selling in a trade supplier environment, using a variety of methods, which may include unique selling points, upselling, and link selling to secure and complete sales transactions.
- Communicating with customers using various methods and systems appropriate to the situation
- Applying the key principles of administration and working practices to accurately prepare, store, communicate and process businesses documentation.
- Processing information, to the key standards of data protection, security and intellectual property rights.
How much will this course cost?
Apprenticeships are funded through government and employer contributions. If the apprentice is:
- 16-18 working for a small business (<50) their training will be fully funded*
- 19+ or working for a Medium size business (50+) an employer contribution may be required
- Working for a large business or organisation (Payroll of £3m+) training is funded from employers Digital Apprenticeship Service Account
*small businesses who employ an apprentice between 16-18 may be eligible to receive a financial government incentive
We offer a high-quality college bus service which collects over 1,400 students every day from across Cheshire and surrounding areas. This makes getting to Reaseheath easy, safe and affordable for all of our students.